Saturday, January 12, 2013

Does Staging a Property Help To Sell it?

Does it pay to stage a property which is for sale?

 

In my experience the short answer is YES. The last two sales of staged homes, which I presided over, both sold for nearly full asking price! Less then 5k away from list price in both instances. The two before that were both in developments with A LOT of competition and not a good track record of quick sales. Those two staged properties sold in short order and the staging cost was easily negated by the quick turnover. Think of it this way. If you're paying a mortgage of 1000$ on a vacant property and it takes you 6 months to sell it, you are looking at a loss of 6k. If you stage a property and it sells in 2 months you are saving a fair bit of money in the long run. Now you must of course price the home correctly and market the property effectively but I will help you out on those fronts. Anyhow if you have been trying to sell your place and you have not been having much luck consider staging. I have seen the difference it makes and you may be pleasantly surprised. 

Give me a call if you have any questions or if you would like to discuss the possibility of listing your home for sale.

TREVER FLORKO - REALTOR®
The Welcome Home Team
Century 21 Assurance Realty Kelowna
Cell: (250) 859-5990
Office: (250) 869-0101
Fax: (250) 869-0105
Visit my WEBSITE
Follow me on TWITTER
Follow/LIKE me on FACEBOOK
Follow my BLOG

PS. Your referrals to friends and family are always greatly appreciated and rewarded.

No comments: