Garden Till, Hilled, and Filled.
When I planted I learned a big lesson...wait till May! I planted a bit early because I am impatient. Big Mistake. I was lying in bed and heard the sprinklers come on and thought aaaahhhh summer. When I opened my eyes after they turned off I looked out the window and it looked pretty bright....and white? Glasses on and yes...it was snow. Long and short half the garden died. If the sprinklers had not come on I think a lot more would have lived but the water made ice and you know what that means to plants...death. HAHAHA...well live and learn.
As for seeds...which was the way I started things...I found most things aren't worth doing seeds. Seeds work will with: peas, beans, carrots, dill, and radishes. Potatoes and onions are ok too but they are more like bulbs then seeds. Cucumbers and zucchinis may be ok too but definitely do not waste your time with growing tomatoes from seeds.
1. 4 kinds of tomatoes (plumb, cherry, lemon boy, and beefsteak)
3. Squash (butternut & acorn)
4. Cucumber (lemon, long English, Japanese)
5. Beans (yellow & Green bush beans)
7. Brussels sprouts
10. Mellon (can't remember what kind...ha-ha)
11. Onions (red, white, & Green)
13. Egg Plant
14. Red Potatoes
15. Carrots (purple & orange)
16. Snap peas
17. lettuce (romaine & Butter)
I also grew a whole whack of herbs:
1. Basil (sweet, purple, & Thai)
2. Mint (spearmint & chocolate)
3. Chives (garlic)